We Are Here To Help!

We have pulled together some frequently asked Questions. if you have any other questions please email us and we will be happy to answer them and include them here so it will help others.

Does It Matter If The Property Is Fully Managed Or Let Only?

If Your Chosen Property Is Fully Managed, Then You Will Deal With Our Staff Throughout The Whole Of Your Tenancy As We Will Act On Behalf Of The Landlord. Let Only Means That We Find Tenants For The Property And Arrange The Paperwork Then The Landlord Takes Over The Management We Will Hold Your Deposit And Pay It Into A Protected Scheme. The Landlord May Decide To Do This Himself. Your Rights Are Protected Either Way.

What Do You Mean By Furnished Or Unfurnished?

Each Property Is Obviously Different But Generally Speaking Unfurnished Means You Can Expect Carpets, Curtains And White Goods Only Whilst Furnished Often Includes All The Essential Furnishings Required To Move In Straight Away Apart From Minor Kitchen Equipment And Bedding. We Will Supply You With An Inventory Showing Exactly What Is Included With Each Property.

How Binding Is The Tenancy Agreement I Enter Into?

A Tenancy Agreement Is A Legally Binding Contract. You Will Be Committed To Paying Rent Until The End Of The Agreed Term And You Could Be Liable To Legal Action If You Break The Terms Of The Agreement. If Your Circumstances Should Change For Any Reason During Your Tenancy We Will Approach The Landlord On Your Behalf And Discuss The Possible Solutions But You Should Always Assume At The Outset That You Will Be Responsible For The Terms In Your Tenancy Agreement For The Whole Time Your Tenancy Is Running.

How Much Are Your Fees?

We Will Charge You A One Off Administration Fee Of £100 For The First Applicant And Then £50 For The Second Applicant Or Guarantor When You Apply For Your Chosen Property.

Do I Need Insurance?

Yes You Should Consider Taking Out Insurance Against Any Damage You Might Accidentally Cause To The Landlords Contents, Buildings Fixtures And Fittings. It’s All Too Easy To Spill A Drink That Stains The Carpet Or Drop Something Hot On The Floor. The Landlord Covers The Building And His Own Contents Against Fire, Flood Or Theft But Not Accidental Damage Caused By You. We Can Provide You With Information On Contents Insurance. Alternatively You May Choose Your Own Insurance Provider.

What About Pets?

We Are A Member Of The Lets With Pets Scheme So If You Have A Pet Then We Will Speak With The Landlord About Numbers And Types Of Pets. You Will Be Required To Complete An Application Form For Your Pet, And Pay A Higher Deposit. You Will Need References For Your Pets And You Will Be Responsible For Having To Get The Property Professionally Cleaned At The End Of The Tenancy. Please Speak To Us To Discuss This In More Detail.

What References Will You Ask For?

In All Cases We Will Ask For Your Address History. We Will Also Approach Your Current Landlord Or Agent (If You Are Renting) As Well As Obtaining A Written Reference From Your Employer And Bank Details Etc. If You Are Self-Employed We Will Ask For Your Accountant’s Details And Or Recent Accounts. We Will Also Check Your Identity, You Will Be Required To Provide Us With Your Passport Or Driving Licence Of Which We Will Take A Copy. We Have Special Provisions In Place For Overseas Tenants. If You Think Your Situation Is Unusual Just Ask Our Staff. We Will Use An External Credit Reference Company To Carry Out The Checks For Us.

When Might I Need A Guarantor?

If We Feel Your Income Is Lower Than Is Required To Pay The Proposed Rent Or If You Are Returning To Study For Example, We Could Ask For A Guarantor To Support Your Tenancy. This Is A Serious Commitment, As The Guarantor Will Be Responsible As If They Were The Tenant For All Monies Due And Obligations Agreed In The Tenancy Agreement. Guarantors Need To Be Earning Sufficiently To Cover Both Their Own Financial Commitments As Well As Your Rent And We Will Reference Them In The Same Way As The Actual Tenant. A Guarantor Fee Of £50 Is Payable. Please See The Renting Guide As We Have Included A Rent Affordability Table For Easy Reference, But If You Are Unsure Please Speak To A Member Of Staff Who Will Be Happy To Discuss This In More Detail With You.

How Much Is The Deposit And Will I Get It Back?

The Deposit Is Normally 6 Weeks Rent. Where We Manage The Property, The Deposit Is Held In A Bonded Client Account In Accordance With ARLA And Government Regulations. This Means That It Is Protected Both During And After Your Tenancy. When You Leave We Will Negotiate Any Proposed Deductions Helping The Tenant And Landlord To Reach An Agreement. All Deposits Have To Be Protected By Law So If You Are Considering Renting Through A Private Landlord Or Another Agent, Ensure They Are Complying By Asking Them Which Tenancy Deposit Scheme They Are Registered With.

How Do I Pay My Rent?

Rent Is Paid Monthly In Advance By Standing Order From Your Bank. This Is A Worry-Free Way Of Ensuring You Never Fall Behind In Your Rental Payments. Be Sure To Tell Us If Your Circumstances Change, For Instance You Change Banks Or Your Employment Situation Changes As We Can Then Help You Protect Your Tenancy. The Last Thing We Want Is For You To Fall Into Arrears But We Do Understand That Sometimes Circumstances Do Change. If Your Circumstances Do Change, Please Speak To Us As Soon As Possible Then We Can Give You Any Advice And Help To Get Your Situation Sorted.

How Much Money Do I Need To Move Into A Property?

Before Your Tenancy Begins We Require The First Month’s Rent, Deposit Of 6 Weeks Rent And An Application Fee In Cleared Funds. You Can Pay By Bank Transfer, Bankers Draft Or Building Society Cheque. You Will Be Given Details In Writing Before Taking Up The Tenancy.

Who Pays The Council Tax And Other Bills?

All Utility Bills Are Your Responsibility Except Where Agreed Otherwise In The Tenancy Agreement. You Must Set Up Your Accounts With Your Chosen Suppliers Upon Moving In And Close Those Accounts At The End.